Stress is a common part of everyday life, and it affects many people in a negative way that can prove disruptive to their normal routine. Stress can take its toll and impact your personal and social life, as well as our health. The fix is often a doctor prescribing some kind of pharmaceutical medicine with unwelcome side effects. However, there are alternatives to prescription medicine that can alleviate symptoms of stress. The history of herbal medicine tells us that there are key herbal extracts that have the ability to aid in managing stress. Traditional Chinese medicine has long incorporated the use of particular herbs to alleviate stress. Below you’ll learn more about how herbal extracts can improve feelings of stress.
Herbal Extracts and Stress Relief
The history of herbal medicine is rooted in the use of plants and their parts to create holistic remedies for human ailments. Herbal extracts as a stress reliever are attractive, in part, because they provide an alternative to prescription drugs that can have high toxicity and appears to offer a multi-target therapeutic approach to treating stress. Specific herbal extracts have the ability to increase serotonin levels, creating happier, calmer, more focused and less anxious individuals. It is also possible to find an herbal extract that can improve sleep, which can be impacted by stress.
Types of Herbs For Alleviating Stress
While there are numerous herbs and natural substances in our pharmacopeia that be used to create custom formulations, you can find several that can contribute to your stress therapy. Here are a few herbal extracts that you can incorporate into your treatment:
- Mulberry Root is derived from the white and has a number of properties. Mulberry root extract is known to help with relaxation by lowering blood pressure levels. It can also aid the body in managing stress levels by normalizing cortisol levels, restoring hormonal balance, normalizing sugar balance and improving mood. when treated with white mulberry root extract.
- Saussureau is a thistle flowering plant and is known to have an antispasmodic that can help to counter stress-related muscle twitches. This plant contains properties that can lower cortisol (the body’s main stress hormone that works with certain parts of the brain to control mood, fear, and motivation) levels in the body.
- Astragalus Root is from a herb known to improve increase energy and possess adaptogenic effects that can help the body resist various stressors. Astragalus helps in counteracting stress levels, mood swings and nervous tension and promotes calmness and relaxation. Additionally, astragalus helps with insomnia and sleeplessness that stress sufferers commonly experience.
- Dandelion Root is a flowering plant known to boost metabolism and assist in helping to rid the body of negative emotions, such as anger and fear. It can also tackle fatigue, nervousness, insomnia, and hypertension, all of which are possible symptoms of stress.
- Ginger can address a range of issues in the body, from digestion problems to upset stomach. Ginger has anti-stress properties to alleviate stress-related anxiety, depression, fatigue, and hypertension.
- Fennel is a herb that has the ability to help ease feelings of worry, anxiety, and uneasiness and even deal with anxiety.
- Rhodiola root contains properties that can help to alleviate different kinds of stresses, including physical, environmental and chemical. It allows the body to better cope with stress.
- Schisandra is a plant whose fruit has adaptogenic properties that help with the body’s resistance to stress.
Stress doesn’t have to be tackled with prescription drugs. Key herbal extracts can provide stress relief as a safe alternative thanks to the history of herbal extracts being used to combat ailments. With several different stress-relieving herbal extracts available, you can seek out the best one for your unique health needs. Contact us at JBK Wellness Labs for all of your herbal extract needs.